Terms and Conditions
Application of Website Terms and Conditions
In registering to contribute to the Community Heritage website at www.communityheritage.net.au (the Website) you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
These Terms and Conditions have been designed to ensure the Website is a respectful environment where people can share ideas and information about heritage without fear of abuse or harassment, or exposure to offensive or inappropriate content.
When making contributions or comments to the Website, please ensure you provide useful information, keep on topic and act in a polite, constructive and respectful manner.
By contributing to the Website, you:
- give permission for your contributions to be posted on the Website;
- confirm that your contributions represent your own work and do not infringe the intellectual property of any other individual or organisation;
- where relevant, agree that you will duly acknowledge any sources of your contribution;
- acknowledge all material on the Website is subject to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) should you wish to download, use or reproduce it;
- acknowledge that your contributions may be subject to moderation by the Department and ratings by other Website users;
- grant to the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (or any successor agency) (the Department) a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence (including a right of sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, communicate, publish, broadcast and exploit your contribution to the Website for any non-commercial purpose; and
- when uploading images to the Website, warrant that you have the rights and/or licences to do so.
By contributing to the Website, you acknowledge that the Department reserves all rights to remove or hide your contributions at its sole discretion without warning if necessary (and that where possible you will be informed that your contribution has been removed).
When contributing content, comments and views to the Website, you agree to:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your contributions (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers), unless prompted to do so and/or where you wish for this information to be visible to all other Website users and you have relevant consents to do so;
- only upload contributions that are relevant or related;
- only represent your personal views, or where relevant and authorised to, the views of your organisation;
- not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- not abuse, harass or threaten others;
- not contribute any material which:
- racially or religiously vilifies others,
- is defamatory or libellous;
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others, or
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability;
- not make false claims or upload information you know to be incorrect;
- not use insulting, provocative, obscene, offensive or hateful language;
- not post multiple versions of the same content to the Website;
- not promote commercial interests or personal professional interests except in agreeing to publicise your details on the Website when registering yourself or your group or organisation’s details;
- not include internet addresses, videos, images or any email addresses, in your contribution, unless adding information about places, people and events where they are relevant and appropriate;
- not post party political comment (for example reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties); and
- not engage in or incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
Where you are contributing information about a group, you confirm that you:
- are authorised to post contributions on behalf of the group;
- post contributions with the permission of the group; and
- are not falsely representing yourself or the group.