The Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (or any successor agency) (the Department) manages the Community Heritage website at www.communityheritage.net.au (the Website) for general use by the public and to create a free information-sharing site for Australian community heritage.
Review and removal of Website content
The Department (or its authorised service provider) monitors the appropriateness of contributions to the Website and will take reasonable measures to remove inappropriate and/or offensive content as it becomes aware of this content.
The Department disclaims:
- all representations and warranties regarding the currency, completeness, accuracy, reliability, performance, suitability and / or availability of the Website content; and
- all legal liability for any loss, damage, expense and / or costs incurred by any person arising out of accessing, contributing to, downloading, using or relying on any material on the Website or on any linked website.
In particular and without limit to the generality of the above, the Department:
- does not guarantee that the access to or the supply of any material or other feature on the Website will be continuous, uninterrupted or free from error;
- recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of the Website and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the Website for their own purposes;
- notes the Website is not a substitute for professional advice and users should obtain any appropriate advice relevant to particular circumstances; and
- confirms that material on the Website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department or the Commonwealth, nor does it indicate the Commonwealth’s commitment to any particular course of action.
The Department applies a range of security controls to protect the Website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the world wide web is an insecure public network that gives rise to the potential risk of a user’s transactions being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
The Department does not accept any liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to the Website or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that any material they use or download from the Website is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer system, software or data.
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of the Website by contacting us. This will help us make the Website as secure as we can.
Links to external websites
The Website contains links to other external websites. The Department will periodically check links to external websites that have been uploaded, but has no direct control over the content or availability of the linked or external websites, the changes that may occur to the content on those websites, or the security arrangements applying to those websites. It is the responsibility of users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and completeness of information contained on linked external websites. Please contact us at ComHeritagePortal@environment.gov.au to report any broken or inappropriate links.
Links to external websites do not constitute the Commonwealth’s endorsement or recommendation of any material on those websites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those websites. The Commonwealth is not responsible for any use of external links provided by the Website.
The Website has been developed with usability principles in mind. We are always keen to receive ideas and feedback from our users, so if you have any comments or questions please contact us:
Community Heritage Website Manager
Department of Environment, Sustainability, Water, Population & Communities
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Telephone: +61 02 6274 2054